The Hearthstone Forums Are Getting an Upgrade!

• Paf
    The Hearthstone forums are getting an upgrade! Starting the week of October 1 2018, the official Hearthstone forums will be moving to Discourse. If you would like a preview of the new forums, check out the Overwatch forums to see how they function. This forum update will provide additional functionality that will make it a better place to hold discussions about Hearthstone.

How does this affect me?

The old Hearthstone forums will not longer be available for posting after the transition. Discourse will provide a fresh start for all players; this means that any posts or guides that have been posted previously will not carry over! We suggest you copy any guides you may have now for reposting later. The old forums will remain in a read-only state for a limited time.

We look forward to seeing you on the new Hearthstone forums in October!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a repost of the sticky made by Jesse and I figured people may want to discuss the topic.

I am personally not familiar with discourse and don't know what type of improvements we should expect. I was wondering if others had some insight to this change. Thanks.
  • 09/27/2018 02:29 PMPosted by Bmo
    What's Discourse? Is it like Discord? Will we have to make Discourse accounts? Or do we sign in with our Bnet account? I wouldn't want to be entering my account info into some 3rd party site

09/27/2018 11:13 AMPosted by Mand
    Er. This is just a forum software change, they aren’t outsourcing anything. They will still be Blizzard forums, run by Blizzard employees using Blizzard rules.

What Mand said. No 3rd party site. Same logins. Just different back end.
  • 09/27/2018 02:46 PMPosted by Bmo
    So what is Discourse then? The software you are using? It's still the same blizzard website but the format will look different? The announcement post said they are moving? Sorry, I really don't understand, Jesse. Can you maybe explain a little better please?

Yes, it is just the software. Things will look different.

You can check out the Overwatch forums for how they will look. :)
  • 09/27/2018 03:32 PMPosted by Graviton7
    This is the actual link https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/

Copy/pasted too quick. Whoops.

Updated the link.

Thanks Graviton!
  • Update to the announcement.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/hearthstone/topic/20769326764

Was going to put up another announcement post, but this thread is already moving along. So will stick with this as the main discussion thread. As any other updates or anything come up, I will be updating the pinned posts as well as calling it out in here.

Thanks all.